Many of us, parents, alumni, retirees, friends and employees of NCSD are afraid to discuss what's happening at NCSD. NCSD staffs are afraid of reprisals as to losing a job. Some staff has experienced retaliations already.
1. More and more students of NCSD are leaving because of the deteriorating quality of education
2. We lost some staffs due to low morale at NCSD.
3. Poor relationships between NCSD Administration and the parents of NCSD students
4. Communication Policy and Communication Appraisal Process (SLPI) - School Director, Director of Residence Life and some staff at NCSD can't communicate with students.
5. Hiring Practices at NCSD
6. Inclusion of all staff in decision making
7. Human Development/Social Development for our NCSD Deaf students. The students are very unhappy in the dormitory.
8 comments:
It is truly sad what is going on at NCSD!
This may start the blog. I only ask that you do not name certain people at NCSD, only to mention a position such as school director, residential life director, a teacher, etc.
May God protect our deaf children as we need them for our future!
Deaf people are second class citizens at NCSD. NCSD serves deaf children, but there are many people there who cannot or will not sign in front of deaf children and adults. Hello! Please go somewhere else if you are not willing to learn/use our language! How will our deaf children learn???
There should be more community involvement. These kids are our future. We must protect them now so that they can protect us later.
To the Deaf employees of NCSD, I say get LOUD! Do not be opressed. Only Deaf people can educate Deaf children!!!!
What wrong with NCSD
They need more hire normal adult not lebsian or homosexual so If I have deaf children , I would put them mainstream school , not deaf school. Someone say one of parent make her daughter leave deaf school for MSSD cuz dont want her grown adult like them as gay group . So that one reason student leave NCSD . I am sure some of parent took their children out of NCSD, too That why it getting smaller and smaller crowd there .
I am a teacher at NCSD. I am SAD. I feel for our students and our staff. I have asked for help - no one seems to want to know. The current administration wants to put on a good appearance - wants everything to look good on paper and around the campus - but has done nothing about our students education. She might be a good grounds person administrator, but she is not an efficient Education Administrator. I am not sure how much stress our school can take.
I am SAD - I fear for my job. THE STUDENTS SUFFER AND RALEIGH IS IGNORING THE PROBLEMS ON OUR CAMPUS!! HOW MUCH MORE HAS TO GO WRONG??
I am sorry to hear about all this and unfortuantely I am not well versed on the problem I am reading about. But it does seem that the students needs are not being met. It sounds to me that the hearing impaired are being oppressed with the hearing people who think they can meet the needs of a hearing impaired child in the education/ human resource field.
I am afraid that it will get worst before it gets better if it gets better.
Something is going to have to give. Someone is going to have to be voicing the problem. Some one is going to have to go to Raleigh and do some lobbying.........
Many schools are losing the population of the hearing impaired students due to parents wanting to mainstream their children in order for their children to be home with family and to take them away from the problems the deaf schools are having today that includes religious preferences,seperation from family and other problems facing the students in the domitory life
I believe the bigger the population of students at NCSD the administration will start to better address the needs of the hearing impaired.
Why are there not more hearing impaired administrators and teachers? Only they can address the problem at NCSD. Sadly the students will not have a say in the matter since the numbers are small.
The breakdown of NCSD is the hearing people. This has been a problem for years and years. The hearing impaired have always been oppressed by the hearing because the hearing impaired have had to rely on them for their ears. so therefore the hearing say what they want to say and have control over the hearing impaired cannot hear them say. Now days the hearing impaired have more say in what they address for the hearing impaired because we have better our ability to communicate our needs.
NCSD has always been run and adminsistrated by the hearing and I dont think there has ever been a hearing impaired person who has stayed long enough to address the problem the school is having now.
I am not discrimminating against the hearing. I just dont think they know any better on the needs of the hearing impaired and are "deaf" to listen to the hearing impaired address their needs and administrating toward the hearing impaired students needs at NCSD.
If Gallaudet University can exist with a hearing impaired President to run the university, then I am pretty darned sure NCSD can exist with a hearing impaired superintendant to run the school.
I'm from a class of 96 and from what I see here - NCSD does not have a LEADERSHIP!! Who is a leader? Who is students' role model? Who is who? Somebody got to do something about this school or there won't be Deaf community!!! It doesn't matter if the person is gay or straight, white or black, female or male.. just find somebody with a LEADER!!!
MOVED!!
to NCSDbears@blogstream.com
Post a Comment